Completing a capstone project is important for your nursing course because it determines whether you graduate from college or not. A number of rules and requirements abound those who intend to complete their nursing capstone projects. Hence, you have to pay a careful attention to avoid unnecessary and embarrassing mistakes. At every point in your education career, you have to remember that the grading that you will get in this four-semester project is vital and it is important that you have plans in place before embarking on it. At NursingWritingServices.com, we have edited students’ capstone papers through the years. Our experience has helped us pinpoint some of the repetitive mistakes every student makes in a capstone project that can be avoided easily. You only need to know what to look for. We have compiled a few things that students always miss:
- Poor Thesis: The idea of a capstone project is that you demonstrate your research and analytical skills. Having a broad thesis is not a brilliant idea because you will not have a specific area of focus. You should narrow it down so that you can write you can have a lot to say about a small area. There is always a word count limit for capstone projects, which you have to adhere to. A broad topic does not help in this regard. The process of settling on a thesis should be slow and careful, going through several nursing capstone project ideas on an area that interests you.
- Incorrect Format: While there is a general capstone project format, you should be aware that every discipline has its rules when it comes to academic writing. For instance, you have to follow the nursing capstone project guidelines if you are within the discipline. Your teachers will also have their preferences, which you have to follow because they will grade your performance in the course. Most colleges and universities prefer the APA format as the standard guideline, but you have to confirm with your institution.
- Poor Citations: If you are a stage in your education career that you are writing you nursing, you should be aware of the importance of properly citing your sources. When talking about the mistakes every student makes in a capstone project, plagiarism leads. Students seem to downplay the fact that plagiarism can lead them to expulsion from college.
- No Contribution to Knowledge:The essence of writing a nursing capstone project is to add value to the nursing scholarship. You should avoid regurgitating old information and presenting them as new. As you write, constantly ask yourself the question ‘so what?’ and attempt an answer. If you realize that you have no answer, perhaps there is nothing new you are contributing. A DNP capstone paper, for instance, should be used to improve the situation or the nursing practice in the facility or region it is carried out. Have your arguments and back them up with facts, you will make a more compelling paper.
- No Proofreading:This is a major mistake every student makes in a capstone project. After completing the writing process, they do not bother going through whatever they have written to eliminate mistakes that can cost them grades. If you are tired from looking at the paper for four semesters, perhaps you can consider letting professional nursing capstone writers at NursingWritingServices.com look at your paper. Their team of editors and proofreaders will no doubt do a good job on your document.
If you are in college studying nursing, you should take time to think about the nursing project ideas that interest you. Begin preparing for it by going through various nursing capstone project samples to have an idea of what is expected of you. This will help you avoid some mistakes every student makes in a capstone project. Nevertheless, if you are stuck, NursingWritingServices.com will be at hand to help you out with their nursing capstone writing service.